Hi ALL,

I am in the process of networking from a home to a business premises. I have run an external grade cat 5e cable from the home to the business yard, a distance of 60 metres. I have checked the cable connections with a tester and all is well.

In the home the internet is via a DSL wifi modem. This is connected to another wifi modem in the house via the LAN side and from the LAN side of this wifi modem to the new 60 metre cable. On the yard side I have connected to another wifi modem to the cable.

The main DSL wifi modem manages DHCP and DHCP is disabled on all other routers. The DSL router gateway is 192.168.1.254/24 and I have assigned fixed IP addresses to each other router as 192.168.0.1/24 (in the house) and 192.168.0.2/24 in the yard.

I have assigned channel 1 to the DSL router, 6 to the other house router and 11 to the yard router. I have the same SSID and security key on all routers.

My problem is that from the yard I can connect via wifi to the yard modem but cannot ping back across the LAN. It seems as if the yard modem is not connected to the house modem. Could this be a signal strength issue? Does a wifi modem to wifi modem connection require a crossover cable?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael