Laptop is lazy
My laptop, a Acer 5250 is so lazy. I click on a link and it may or may not go to it. Sometime I tap and tap before it moves to it moves to the link page. help me if you can. Thanks.
What antivirus abd malware programs are you running?
I run AVG and spybot plus a reg cleaner and repair
WQell AVG has caused lots of problems just like you list lately.
Reg cleaners, well they are not needed and I would like to have $10 for everythime I had to give someone the bad news the they now had to do a clean install because it ripped them up so bad.
Spybot is really outdated. So I gave up on it and use:
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.
(Malwarebytes is free to use as a manual scanner. Payment is only required if you wish to have it run and update automatically which is not necessary for our purposes)
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
Been using the free MSE antivirus for a couple years now and never had a problem.
But they several other free progams out there one can use.
Now if your rig is infected, our sister site, has some darn good help.
Just registar and follow the instructions. Broni is the best I have seen yet.
Thanks Train, that helped alot, but I have another problem. When I'm on a web site and click a link to go to another page on that same site, I get a drop down saying: "homedepot.com cannot open because of a long running script". This happens everytime. Thanks.
Have you use a reg wacker/wrecker, they call them reg cleaners?
I suggest that you do a System Restore to just before the problem started.
If that does not work, time to post in vdr. Let Broni help you work it out.