Thread: New Brother MFC-8950DW Network Installation -- 1 of 4 PCs is unable to wake the Print

Question New Brother MFC-8950DW Network Installation -- 1 of 4 PCs is unable to wake the Print

I implemented a new Brother MFC-8950DW laserjet printer for a small office. It is setup on the network with a Static IP. All four workstations installed and printed to the printer without any problems. This is a nice printer for under $1000.

However, on one of the PCs (all PCs are Dell Win7), which also happens to be the first PC I connected, when the printer enters sleep (idle) mode, nothing from that one specific PC will wake the printer. The print jobs simply stack up in the queue until cancelled. And, the printer shows as "Offline" when it is in sleep mode only on this PC. The other 3 PCs show the Printer as "Ready" and will wake the printer from sleep mode just as they should.

The same driver and same version of the software is installed on all PCs. All PCs are connecting via a networked printer using the printer's static IP address. I can remotely connect to the trouble PC as well as one of the others and see simultaneously the status on each machine. I'm simply not finding any differences yet.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

I added "allow" rules to all .exe's for Brother in Bitdefender with no luck.

I uninstalled the driver/software and downloaded the most recent and installed.

Now, it *appears* to be working.

Thanks!