Thread: Defrag Issue

Defrag Issue

Hey guys. I have a question for ya. I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for a long time now. I go to do a scheduled defrag last night with 21% fragmentation, and after it finishes it still shows 12% fragmentation. Under the log it shows a pile of .log files, some Mozilla stuff and a bunch of other garbage. So to fix it I do a disk clean up, run CCleaner and nothings changed.....even tried ATF Cleaner. After those three things failed I went in to my C:\user\........ and tried to find the files myself with no luck (and yes i made sure to show hidden files first). So now I am lost and don't know how to get rid of all those files to bring down that defragmentation. I decided to try Defraggler and see if that program does any better.....at the expense of 11 hours and 10 min until completion :\

Does anyone have any good tips on how to get rid off all them junk files?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I use Search Everything
    http://www.voidtools.com/

[type in] *.log
    and they will show up. But be darn careful as you need some of those log files.

And switching defragers like that can cause major problems as each has its own parameters and do different things. Seen a couple hdds lost because of that. So uninstall your Auslogics Disk Defrag, reboot a couple times, maybe even shutdown for a minute, then reinstall and see what it says.
    Could have become corrupted and that would fix that problem.

ok so I uninstalled Auslogocs DD. and did what you told me to try....nothing has changed aside from the log files no longer being there....now its a million WAV files for a game on steam, after another defrag it still sits at 12%.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Never have used steam, but seems something is corrupted in those wav files to me.

Can't say that I'd be concerned about this situation...But, Do you have any large files you can move to another drive? If so, move em and then run defrag...then move the files back.