Thread: Trouble installing software from CD Rom

Trouble installing software from CD Rom

Hi every
    Please can some one help me. I have just formatted my hard drive and re-installed XP PRO. Most of my software has gone on OK but there is one disc that I am having a problem with.
    The problem is when the software install starts it goes so far then stops and comes up with a message saying "Minimum free space required 10 MB" But my drive is almost empty. So please can some one help with this problem.

With kind regards

Rover 45

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    What are you trying to install?

Color documentation 2000 EWLS 10-2011. I think I have to change drive letter As C is coming up as CD Rom and H is coming up as Hard drive. please can you help with this

I found out were to change the drive letter. but it is coming up with windows cant change drive letter

You are going to have to re-install Windows: there is no way around it. But when you do, unplug all other drives except of course, the optical drive. It sounds like you have a USB card reader with perhaps 4 drives associated with it that should also be unplugged from the motherboard before proceeding. That is the only way you'll ever get the system drive back on C: