Thread: Minor problem-not sure where to post

Minor problem-not sure where to post

Not sure what I did to get here. My navigation tool bar now shows only the word "google", instead of the actual address of the web page I am on. I may have done this through 'customizing the tool bar', but I am not sure. Any idea how to undo this? I am stumped. I have the Yahoo toolbar, menu bar and navigation toolbar - and that's it.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    What browser you are using would be a great help.

Firefox

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Go to View, toolbars and check what you have uncheck and checked. Sounds like you unchecked the Navigation toolbar.

I guess I am not describing the problem very well. Nav bar is still there - but it no longer contains info about what web site I am on. All it contains is a google emblem, a down arrow (which when clicked, lists various search engines), followed by the word 'google'.

That's the search bar, not your address bar. You must have accidentally swapped them.

What version of Firefox? You would just need to right click and customize the menu bar area. Drag and drop the addressbar into the location you want.

I did what you suggested and fixed the problem. Thanks. In my earlier customizing, I deleted the address bar entirely. Thanks for the help.

Banned
    Firefox is a good explorer but it create problems some time. Google chrome is the best explore than others.

Again,this thread is from a year ago. Please look at the thread dates first.

That's the look for bar, not your deal with bar. You must have unintentionally changed them.