Thread: 2nd HDD disappears after Full install of Win7

2nd HDD disappears after Full install of Win7

I am using a stock hp pavilion 1183cl laptop.

I upgraded to Win7 ultimate 64 bit full install, I did a clean install on drive C.

I saved alot of stuff i had previously on the D drive, important documents games music videos etc.

So after installing Win7 everything seemed perfect and in working order then about an hour or so after my d drive disappeared, it would only reappear after rebooting or after the computer came back on after going to sleep.

Now i have tried doing driver searches and other scans of the computer to make sure drivers are up to date with no luck.

Can someone please help, HP forums is useless!

Start by running a diagnostic on the harddrive. You can use the Windows version of Seatools to do it.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...SeaTools.shtml

ok ran seatools and it says everything passes. Gonna watch and see if the drive disappears again.

what is the hard drive model

check to see if there's any firmware update

some Seagates HDDs are known to go missing after power saving

they fixed it with firmware updates

google up your model number and see if there's any known issue with your HDD
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5