Thread: TABLETS ?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

TABLETS ?

Umm... ?

No not Die-azi-coffins or Benzo's

But iPads & Bberry Playbooks & associated other battery operated prod & sweat machines

Wotcha thinks ?

I won't ask - knowing that you of course took the............. red pill.

Sam sung a song, they also produce excellent little pills, but ..... no windows.
    I wonder id, 8 will bw a lucky number for Micrososoft and their inimitable inscrutability.

Windows 8 on a tablet pc.......... hmmmm, remenber this?
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Samsung is investing in its tablets, which are far better than the i-pad and cheaper to produce but do not run windows........ yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17593969

Samsung Electronics, the world's biggest memory chip maker, has unveiled plans to invest $7bn (£4.4bn) to build its first chip factory in China.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...blet&FORM=BIFD
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

I plumbed for a "Blackberry Playbook" 32Gb in the end, its pretty good...... I must admit I don't think I'll buy another Tablet for some considerable time tho' .... They ain't "Brilliant"

http://uk.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/overview.jsp

Sad news ... I've killed my Playbook

I ham fistedly shoved the Micro USB psu plug in the wrong way the other night ...... It was dark & I'd had a few wines SO I've broke it ...... Needs a new micro socket soldering on the mobo ..... Blackberry are being really difficult about this, "I" not unreasonably asked for some kind of indication as to how much this repair would cost ..... They weren't forthcoming with any sorta estimates at all ...... I can only conclude that once they have your tablet that they will repair it via the most expensive route possible ....i.e. replace the motherboard complete with processor & memory ...... "No Dice Jack" I'm off to a 3rd party repair shop, that'll quote me up a treat before I'm shoved in the barrel so to speak .....

Will let you all know how I get on

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk View Post
    I can only conclude that once they have your tablet that they will repair it via the most expensive route possible ....i.e. replace the motherboard complete with processor & memory ......
    They'd probably just tell you they're fixing it, and ship you an entirely new device and recycle the old one. Its quicker for them and you, and cheaper for them since its less labor and processing in the long run.

Either way if you send it to them, I wouldn't expect any less.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Brilliant news ....... I duly sent it off for repair ..... And the courier lost it ...... So I claimed on the Insurance & now I have a brand spankin new one :@) ...... & two sets of manuals & chargers & everything ....... Not often I fall that lucky

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest View Post
    I won't ask - knowing that you of course took the............. red pill.
    I took one of each pill...... Then passed out ......