Thread: IE & Viewing TIFs

IE & Viewing TIFs

My wife received a disk from Social Security with documents of a claim to them. It opens IE and shows a menu and explains that you must use a viewer that will display TIFs of multiple pages. Her PC was opening them with Quicktime which only showed the first page. I found that from Windows Explorer I could open the files with Windows Picture Viewer and scroll through the pages. I made Picture Viewer the default program for TIFs, but Quicktime would still open them when I tried from the menu. I went into Internet options and wound up disabling Quicktime, but now nothing opens from the menu. I get a blank page with a tiny black square that has a red X in it in the upper left corner. Any ideas on what I need to set to be able to view these properly from the menu? It's Windows 7, 64 bit & IE 9.

I realize she could open the files from Explorer, but she is not that computer savvy and the filenames are cryptic and about 13 characters long. There are a lot of them and the menu that opens in IE lists the title of each document so she needs to be able to work from there.

Thanks
    Last edited by TonyMan; 03-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

You might try the Brava Reader. There is a free version.
    http://www.tiffviewer.com/open-tif-file.htm

Well, I go to the site and try to download it & a window pops up asking for a username & password. I looked around there and do not see where you can set up an account except in Support if you have bought their products.
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    • Brava! Reader - Free Windows-based viewer for TIFF, PDF and secure CSF formats. Supports dynamic zooming/panning, print, measure.

Download (Free)

The other 2 are pay for.