Thread: Windows 7 security center will not start?

Windows 7 security center will not start?

Just ahwile ago i noticed a red 'X' under the flag for the taskbar action center control. I went there and checked it out and found that it says " Windows security action center will not start. Never ever done this before. I clicked on it to turn it on and I get a circled red X error box saying as much. Why is this and how do i resolve this issue?

All other in security ,firewall,updates etc.. are fine. Hope this is not some sort of virus or wahtever that casued it to not start.. don't know. This OS is great and just about any isue is resolved or listed but I never heard of this. Help?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Train, You are surely a genius. I mean that. Every single time you find the right answer somewhere.

First link I did all and no success. Then I went to that forum response ( second link ) and read over some replies. Turned out that all i needed to do was double click and open the security center listing. 'It was disabled' and so i reset, clicked start button for service , and it loaded and now its fixed. Wonders never cease.

That only makes me a bit worried. I am smart but I often wonder if somebody like yourself were not around, waht would I do? haha! WOW.. what a guy. Thanks so much old buddie.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Do my trick, pull your hair out.

Believe me , I do more then that. The man upstairs gave me some special gifts or traits if ya like. I have an uncanny sense of intuition, and am at times very psychic. This can be a good thing or bad depending. Often, its more of a nightmare. I look at any situaton and predict an outcome, and i am about 98% correct. Problem is,,, nobody ever takes me seriously. I am normally a very funny guy, who has a far too serious attitude about lifes ills.

All in all, i do like those things about myself. I still have most of my hair still ,thank goodness. How's your top half doing?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    No problems up there.