Thread: DW20.exe disable again

DW20.exe disable again

The following is the MS Knowledge Base to disable DW20.exe error reporting within Event Viewer, also the "dw20.exe failed to start because the windows station is shutting down" error
    Review of my registery does not contain the same Reg keys...
    My keys are 1a.- 4a.

To disable the Application Error Reporting tool, add a DWReportee value of 1 to following registry keys:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\PCHe alth\ErrorReporting\DW

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\PCH ealth\ErrorReporting\DW

3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\Erro rReporting\DW

4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\Err orReporting\DW

1a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\[+]SystemCertificates
    [+]Windows

2a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\[]Conferencing
    [+]IE
    [+]RTC
    [+]System Certs bla bla bla

3a HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\[+]Global
    [+]HelpCtr

4a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\[]Clents
    [+] ErrorReporting
    [+] HelpSvc
    [] PatchSvc
    Under error reporting subkey
    [] ExclusionList []InclusionList []KernelFaults...
    Key values are this (ExclusionsList)

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
    SOFFICE.EXE REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

Now, it appears that the value of 1 has already been set....
    Looking for suggestions at this point to disable dw20.exe reporting tool... XP x64 OS.

Are you wanting to remove it from Event Viewer or disable it completely?

Don't need to remove it, just want it to shut-up unless there is an issue...... I can, at that point run down the other error dwwin.exe..... Wonder if there related? Hope to find someone who has run across this issue before...... I did check the Wife system its a twin to this one,and there was a Reg key I don't have on this system the Reg keys her system as follows, thought this would help is all....

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting

I only have the last Key.....

I also had a dll issue but reinstalled c++ 2008 package and resolved it..... Then run SFC /scannow to make sure those items were good.....
    This is some of what I use to keep things going over here...
    Malwarebytes-Superantispyware-JV16 PowerTools-Advanced System Care pro 4 -Belarc-Smart Defrag 2-Processexp-CCleaner-Spybot-Revo-Secunia-bla bla bla

The REG changes for both with and without Office installed are explained for XP here and here (credits to Vic Ferri , All 'Bout Computers) . Be sure you backup your registry or the reg keys before making any changes.
    Honestly, you may find this does not fix your problem(s). Having mentioned 3 Registry utilities on the pc , especially Advanced System Care Pro 4 raises a flag as to maybe some of your problems. I am of the opinion that registry utilities that promise they can fix all your problems are scamware. Only advanced or expert users should make registry changes. I am hoping you are one.

Hey thanks I'll check those out and post back w/results.....
    I do tend to agree with you on the reg cleaners & tools.... Like the Power tools, you need to really watch what your doing or toast your OS in a few clicks of the mouse..... The others use them for some lower level stuff.... The power tools mainly for the start-up items feature....Agree again, scamware... most of what one finds with respect to reg cleaners are scamware...and thats just the short list of scamware to be blunt....

Hey some really nice stuff over there on the DW20.exe plus alot of other stuff for event viewer log errors.