Thread: Tune up utilities 2012

Tune up utilities 2012

I have a free (cut down) version of this which seems to be working well though limited. Has anyone had Experience with the app? I have the chance to buy full monty Should I do so i.e. is it an OK application.
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas with all the trimmings, I was lucky with my wonderful family and some good friends. Sober now I'm glad to say.
    Also grateful thanks for all the superb and accurate help from all of you over the past year. I am old and grey and might find it very hard to compute without you all.
    THANKS

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I never use reg cleaner or tune up apps.

90+% of the time where folks have used them I have had to tell to do a clean install. But sometimes a repair install works.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) , which does a better job than Ccleaner all all I use.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/

I'll try the one you suggest. Thanks Train

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Train.

Oops. Tried to run it and it told me 'can't use this prog in your country' i.e. Good old UK. What can I do?
    docusk
    Refurbished Computer.

Struggling round the site I now found myself being scanned by RegClean which now wants me to buy it. Yes or no? I ask myself - or you!
    docusk
    Oh blow it. I'm off to have my dinner/lunch - whatever.
    Last edited by docusk; 12-26-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: missed text
    Refurbished Computer.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Get rid of reg clean.

Run Ccleaner too since TFC will not work. Although yours is the first I seem that it will not run.

And you may have a nasty, so. . .
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d.php?t=167915

Smile

G M Train.
    Bright eyed etc. I used CCcleaner and all seems well. BUT, I think you're right. I must have a nasty as this is still v. slow. It's a brand new VAIO Laptop - Sony - running 64 bit Win 7 plus Office 2010 and not a lot else, largely because it's new.
    I have Vipre as you may recall plus Malware Bytes run regularly, (daily).
    As I'm in to CTRL panel a lot because of current problems I'v noticed there are loads of programs including the words Active X and MESH in foreign languages. Do I need them. I only speak English, Rude and Medical Yucky. Should I take them out? I'm going to defrag later whilst I'm out at the Family get-together where I'm waited on hand foot and finger, poor old Gramps!

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    A new laptop, yes, with Laptop I find they have all kinds of programs on them that are not needed and need to be uninstalled. What antivirus does it have?

Laptops also, are not quite as fast as desktops. Just realized, this laptop is 3 years old.

Playing grandpa myself and enjoying it.
    Last edited by Train; 12-27-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Again Train.
    I have a commercial AV prog called Vipre and have been using it for maybe 4 years from when it was Sunbelt. Don't know who's taken over now. I have it on 3 machines with auto updates on each and it's a reasonable cost. I also have Malware bytes which one of you old timers recommended and that I've had for 3 years or more. Would I have paid for an upgrade? My memory is very spotty at times.
    I'll take all the foreign items out, remembering that Ccleaner keeps a copy of the registry so I can put any of them back.
    docusk
    Refurbished Computer.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Sounds good to me.