Thread: MSI Mobo needs GL file for GPU

MSI Mobo needs GL file for GPU

I bought a MSI A75MA-G55 Mobo. Nice features for the price. I tried logging on to a online game I play. It said my GPU was missing a GL file. so it wont work without it. I was hoping to use the onboard graphics. Before going out and spending $100 on a graphics card if possible. The board has a ATI radeon type of onboard graphics. I tried to find the drivers for that GPU. But I had no luck. My online game I usually play says it wont play because it has a missing GL file. Im alot more familier with Nvidias ViI bought a MSI motherboard A75MA-G55. Nice mobo with nice features for the deo card drivers. But this is the first ATI onboard GPU I want to update on this mobo. Anyone know where I can find this GL file link? Thank you for any help in advanced.

Would probably be a good idea to mention the name of the file.

Did you install the Chipset and Video drivers that came with the mobo?

Things are resolved finally......ty vm

Well I did two things first. Instead of going to ATI and looking for the onboard graphics card drivers there. I went instead to MSI and I looked for the boards drivers. I down loaded the VGA drivers for the board. And that didnt work. So I ended up downloading the complete drivers for the entire board set-up they have listed in one link. Once that loaed up and I extracted the files. I rebooted and I went to my online game. Once the screen opened up it didnt show the usual message "OpenGLmissing file". I logged in and I played for about 3 minutes. It plays as well as I expected it too. Even using the Ultra settings the game suggests would be better to use. Game plays smoothly and now I dont have to shell out an extra $100!!!! First time using a on board graphics chip set for me. I knew eventually it would happen and be available. I just didnt know I could get it at this low price. I paid $130 for the board and a AMD6 Quad core 2.8 gigs. However the reviews claims I can over clock the CPU to 3.8 using the overclocking Genie software provided. So I am going to try that out soon. Seems fun so far and a snap to assemble. I bought another set so I will build that one in another desk top soon. Thanks for the help just the same!!