Thread: What one should I get?

What one should I get?

I'm looking for something under $1000. I'm replacing my desktop with a window 7 laptop simply because I need a laptop, and it would be easier to do this, my software is outdated, and computer is very old. I got some advice from my father who has been a computer technician pretty much since they were invented. I wanted a screen that was around 17 inches because like I said it's gonna be my desktop subsitute but he said to go with a 15.6 inch. They are kind of small for my taste. I want like maybe an i5 or i7 processor but that may be out of my range. i do want something fast. Sometimes i think the advice he gives me is a little skewed (sp?) because he's just trying to get rid of whats in his shop. I like brands like hp, asus, and lenovo. Do not really like dells or toshibas. I like long battery. Style is also an important factor. my dream would be something with a brushed metal feeling case and a keyboard that types like heaven, not sure how to descibe what that would be like. I also need something with a good display, glossy, LED backlit. Good gpu and video processing. I like centered trackpads with not-too-stupid clicking methods. I dont want to make my hand do a rendition of the electric slide just to right click. I need something with a fantastic webcam and microphone, as i skype a lot. I dont really like things that feel plasticy. Good speakers also help

ASUS G53XI74JW-BL/H4NVYXBB 15.6" Notebook i7-740QM Windows 7 4G 500G GTX460 Graphics WiFi Webcam Laptop
    Condition New
    Model ASUS G53XI74JW-BL/H4NVYXBB
    CPU Intel Core i7-740QM
    Memory 4GB DDR3
    Hard Drive 500G
    Graphic NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
    Display 15.6" 16366 x 768 16:9 LED-backlit
    OS Windows 7 Home Premium

I apologize for making you read so much, but this is my first serious computer and I really need a good opinion. I'm open to all suggestions, thank you for your time. Please posts links to the laptop page on the manufacturer website and seller website

Its all good already, or maybe a wider screen display for about 17 or 19 inches

Lifetime Friend of Staff