Thread: mb won't restart after shutdown

Question mb won't restart after shutdown

I bought 2 gateway E 6610D with intel D975XLAG1 MB that work good and will restart but won't come back up after they are put in sleep- hibernate or shutdown until I turn off the power supply for about half hr.
    I can't find this mb on intel site all I get is d975xbx

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    !. That was a special mobo made for Gateway and Intel will have nothing about or for the mobo. All makers of mobos do that.

2. I have only had 1 motherboard out about 30, that has been able to do that sleep or hibernate thing correctly. Gave up on that business and just shut the computer down. That saves me about $240 dollars a year in electricity. And my rate $0.07 a KW.

I forgot to add this

I forgot to add that one has win 7 and core 2 dou 2.4 & one has win xp with p-d-3.2. I have also tried them with vista.
    When I shutdown then restart they come on with low fan and no post but if I wait 30 min before I POWER ON they come on with hi fan then drop down to low fan and runs good until shutdown.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Try a different power supply, and open the case and if that power supply says Bestec on it, replace it like yesterday. Because when the Bestec goes, it takes the mobo and who know what else with it.

Ahh, the BTX format, very difficult these days to find any Intel retail replacement for OEM boards like Gateway or Dell, who bought into the Intel BTX hype.
    If the boards are functioning well otherwise, look for a bios update from Gateway. That may help with a power management issue. Also, the latest Intel Chipset drivers should work fine regardless this is a made for Gateway board.

Waiting a 1/2 hr to properly boot is a true sign of bad caps on the motherboard or power supply. A lot of BTX boards sport the Chemicon KZG capacitor among other bad caps, which are known to look good but are bad. Chemicon still has a good rep, but there was a bad batch back in the day. So, take Trains advice and give the psu a look over along with the motherboard.
    http://www.badcaps.net/ident/

Angry

Thks for reply. chg d ps- mb batt and cpu didn't help. All caps show good
    Updated gateway bios with intel bios from win and would not post past gateway screen and locked up so reinstalled intel from dos boot. That done a way with gateway screen and bios and it booted in to intel bios and run till I turned it off.
    Now just runs high fan and won't power down to low fan and post. As bad as I hate to Guess I'll just have to junk them but thks anyway. buttercup

Ultimate Member

New PSU is evident!

Hello

No having the same MB but i also had troubles with a PSU. I had to push the start-button twice and shutdown was also impossible. So i replaced it.
    Energy-options did also interfere with program-installation so i remove it.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

I forgot to add that one has win 7 and core 2 dou 2.4 & one has win xp with p-d-3.2.