Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I go back to IE9?

Ah. Profile. I just tried and got a direction to my folder but clicking made no difference, in fact, nothing happened.
    I wandered around and found where I can download Google Toolbar for IE9 and I know where to find Google Chrome. Should I get either or both of them to help?
    I now have the menu bar, favourites, view etc up and that's super. Somewhere I think I can get Autofill but I can live without the spell check.
    Is Chrome OK also the Google toolbar???

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Is Chrome OK also the Google toolbar???
    They're both fine. I use Google Chrome as a rule, but freely switch to one of the others when it suits my purposes. Chrome, however, takes some getting used to. Instead of a menu bar, there is just a little wrench icon which gives you access to your options and settings. Fortunately though, one of these options allows us to change spellcheck to UK English.

Yeh! You can go for both options.
    Re installation of Firefox and switch to IE.
    But be careful when uninstalling the Firefox because you will be asked to remove it completely that means all the favorite and bookmark links will be lost if you say yes.
    So before uninstalling you should remember this thing else you should keep the backup of the existing all the favorite links and bookmarks.

My personal suggestion is that I don't think that IE has only few bad reviews and a lot of Good reviews.

I will say NO to IE.

Hope you got your needed toolbar back. As for my opinion regarding IE, I will not go back to IE or I’ll just use it again in case I need to download other browsers. lol

Google chrome is also fine, my only issue is it uses too much memory space, which is something disadvantageous for my old PC.

If you want the old version of Firefox. ie FF 3.6.23 then you can download it and re-install:>

GB Version:>
    http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.23&os=win&lang=en-GB

US Version:>
    http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.23&os=win&lang=en-US

mozilla will still be doing security updates for the next 12months so unless you really need the latest bells @ whistles then you'll be fine running the 3.6 version.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; 10-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks for help. I now have IE 9 running with no probs. I might try Mozilla later again but at present, no worries.
    Thanx again. Docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.