On our corporate network we have an internal app that is written and tested for Internet Explorer (currently 8). Some of the internal applications functions require ActiveX. IE is the only browser I can use for this application.

I have added this applications web address (manually) to my trusted sites and set the "Display Mixed Content" setting to Enable (via Group Policy).
http://ebersys.blogspot.com/2009/03/...log-about.html

I still get the dialog box asking if if I want to display mixed content. I don't want this to happen for trusted sites only. The Internet is still set to the default to prompt the user.

Are there any suggestions of something I can try to make Internet Explorer take the setting? It looks right in Internet Options but does not seem to apply.

I had a similar issue where Group Policy set the screen saver to 30 minutes but most computers went to screen saver after 2. You could see 30 minutes in the display but it still only took 2 minutes.

Servers are Windows Server 2008R2. Clients are all XP 32-bit or Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)