Thread: Locating driver file

Question Locating driver file

Hi all. I'm in the midst of setting up a mass deployment of Windows 7 using the available MS tools, such as MDT 2010, Windows AIK, etc. The image will be applied to a single make/model of PC - HP Compaq 6200 SFF. I have everything ready but need to identify/locate the actual driver file being used by these PC's for network connectivity. This is required because once the Windows PE environment is loaded it's supposed to look to the deployment share on the network for the information and files, but it can't do that if the network drivers aren't loaded during the Windows PE boot process. I'm trying to identify the driver file name so that I can inject that file into the image that is already created. I was looking at a set of instructions for injecting a driver file into an image and it said to locate the INF file for your network driver. I can't figure this one out. How do I locate the one INF file that's for my network driver?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Look in device manager and find the brand name of your nic.

Then look in Probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\intel WLAN Driver
    or words to that effect.

SOLVED!!!

I was able to solve the problem by downloading Double Driver onto a functioning HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF with Windows 7 and using that to backup just the Intel driver. That did the trick!

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Thanks for posting back.