Thread: new Nvidia Ge Force beta drivers..... any good?

new Nvidia Ge Force beta drivers..... any good?

Wonder if anyone here has tried these drivers ( 275.XX ) on an older card like mine. I've got the latest drivrs recommended right now installed and they are fine.

I noiced a newer audio upgrade and some other like PhysX are updated.

Only so much any new drivers could do for an older card like mine. Work prefect so no worries.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I highly doubt they will make a big difference. You would need to look at the Beta notes. More often than not, they just have fixes or changes for newer cards.

Only so much any new drivers could do for an older card like mine. Work prefect so no worries.
    If your system is working now, why mess with it? As we have said before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agree. I tend to try things out as one can re-install previous set, but i 'll wait till they go public before making any changes... lol
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Yeah, anymore they add fixes for different games. I don't think you'll huge speedup games like in the old days.

Actually I installed them last night ,thinking that it might fix an issue I was having in one particular game,and found that they indeed are a bit better overall. Better FPS and performance were quite noticable. Why would an experienced company like Nividia put forth release notes and positives if they were anything less? I tend to trust them, even though these have not been officially released yet. They have the tag of 'International' and I found them at Guru3D.

The issue i was having was in the latest MOH game where my weapon and first person in general was opaque but still working... Turns out i had the Nvidia settings as my default color settigns and not the setup ' let the program decide defaults. Changed that back and it worked. So happy about that, as i do like that game alot.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 05-29-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcunite View Post
    Yeah, anymore they add fixes for different games. I don't think you'll huge speedup games like in the old days.
    yup, it is not necessary for u to do that.