Thread: An Error Occurred while ...

An Error Occurred while ...

Hi all,

I have just done a clean install of WinXPHome_Sp3 on a desktop. The mobo is an FIC AM39L with 512meg mem and an 80 gig HD. Windows "appears" to run fine but weird things started happening like Google Chrome crashing, AVG refusing to install and Firefox crashing.

I had a look at the setuperr logfile and found a large number of MOF file incorrectly installed and some files not signed correctly. Here is an example of each error type. There are a multitude of entries in each type.

Error:
    An error occurred while compiling the following MOF file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM\cimwin32.mof Please refer to C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM\Logs\mofcomp.log for more detailed information.

Error:
    Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\aaclient.dll] is not signed properly
    by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
    Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Any ideas on the likely problems.?

Thanks,

Michael

Rum memtest and the software to test the hard drive to see if anything is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Rum memtest and the software to test the hard drive to see if anything is failing.
    Thanks Steve,

Still testing but so far, bad mem. Will let you know when I do a HD test.

Thanks Steve,

No HD errors. Problem was with bad ram. Did a re-install of Xp and no errors reported.

Nice one!

Michael