Thread: updating firm ware ?

updating firm ware ?

hi all

so Im having an issue with my wireless router. D Link wbr-1310.

it appears to work but you only get local access. it see,s other networks and other laptops.

My isp provider apparently says I need to update my firm ware.

so... I have went into veiw computers or devces, clicked on the wbr 1310 icon, it takes me to the log on page for d link. it took a whack of tries to remember what I used for a user name and password, but finaly got it right, and O gee,s i only have local access so nothin happens.

I have another plain router i use for my towers so I have internet access, I have tried my wireless direct to the modem and also running through the SMC router.

anyway, if any of ya all could give me a little guidance as to how to go about updating the firmware, it would be sweet.

maybe the router is pooched.? anyways, as always. apreciate the advice.

ward.

well go fiure, now its working. I dont know for how long.

it seems to me this is what it was doing when we were told it needed new firmware.

I will keep ya posted.

You need to know the revision number also.
    http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=WBR-1310&tab=3

You need to download the firmware update, and use a WIRED connection to install.

Follow the steps in the manual. (download from the same site as the firmware)

I have another plain router i use for my towers so I have internet access
    Are you planning to switch the routers? You usually can't have 2 routers using same WAN connection.

makes sence. however, I do have the d link pluged into the smc box and both are working, that is to say I am typing now from a tower and the laptop is also on line via the wirless d link.

at anyrate I will read your link and get the update.

i apreciate your time. ward.

Hi
    I had the same trouble with my Belkin wireless router. I had to use a wired computer, then go to internet Explorer, type in the number that came with the instructions manual, this took me to the Belkin set up page. I reset every thing back to factory defaults then reset the router and security. After doing this every thing run just fine. I sorted this problem thanks to the sysopt forum and the people that helped me.
    Rover 45