Thread: Need to find a way to transfer hotmail stuff to Gmail account

Need to find a way to transfer hotmail stuff to Gmail account

There had got to be a way to transfer ones Hotmail links and all other over to my Gmail account. I looked all over the Gmail site and Google's links,tabs,etc.., and found nothing there. Funny as when you first time run Firefox,. they ask if you want to transfer your links and other to their browser.

The reason I'm going to do this is I hate Live mail. Just another MS tragedy. Nothing ,and i mean nothing that company does is right. I have issues with most any of their new or updated offerings. Security is a joke and nothing more then more wasted time for one, etc.. I wasted over two hours trying to figure out why those stupid security bars suddenly showed up along with the regtagular box that pops up with any click of a new page. Rest to what they said to get rid of tand the bar is still there... I give up.

I'm done with MS Live mail. Feel stupid for not using Gmail al along. Love everything about their mail account. works better, has little if any issues, and looks better to boot.

Still using XP , so the Hotmail thing is built in i suppose. thks!
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 04-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...nto-gmail.html

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...ages-into.html

What do you mean "hotmail is built-in"? It's web-based. if you configured outlook express for hotmail, that's a different story.

I have used Live mail for some time. i get confused becasue MS changes some things and then calls it livemail..,when in fact its the same thing. In XP its listed as hotmail when one loads the O.S.

Don't get me going about Outlook Express. Still the same message about the protocol thing and some other no one outside a programmer could understand.

Thanks for the links MK. Only thing i would miss right off is relatives and some other contacting me etc.., and i could notify them. Starting over with something new is mostly a good thing. Same as a fresh OS install. You miss something and get over it. Then its always better anyways.

Even trying to initially use the Gmail link in IE 8 i got some sort of error and run around. First time in Firefox and my gmail opened right up.. no issues. Imagine that. This is why i complain.
    One has to ALWAYS go through hoops with anything MS puts out.

Not many people like Bill Gates. We here in Portland have Paul Allen, who is by far the better halve of those founders. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Thanks Midknyte, got it to work. Now I feel so much better. its like having both account in one mail server... LOL

I can Not wait to hear from you when reach to 50 or more spam email per day on Gmail. -

None of the "Free" email is really a way to use email.

Solution.

Get your own domain ($10-12 a year).

Get a humble hosting service (example), http://www.dixiesys.com/hosting_web.php

Mail like the above can be accessed by both Web mail, and or any client email application (pop3).

You can have a personal website and your email (family and friend can join you too.

Cost of domain and hosting $4 a month.

You can be rabbit@Rabbitrunner.com (Rabbitrunner.net, or whatever is available) , and be your own boss.

BTW, I do not know how much email you keep on the server.

It is a good practice to use email client application (pop3/smtp) store the email on your computer, and erase the email from the server once it is stored on your computer. This way the email stays with you no matter which address you use.

If what you have on the server is not a huge amount you can forward it once you have a new address.

Last edited by cat6; 04-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    cat6
    MS - MVP, Networking.

Thks for the input and all Cat6. I'll definitely keep those thoughts in mind.. So far its been alot better then MS Live mail. its so much faster and i love its features and interface alot better. LOL