Thread: console button on keyboard not working??

console button on keyboard not working??

Strange! I ws looking at this cheat code site , which most use the console for.. and found my curly 'console button has no function. I am using the new Windows 7 Home Premium OS and know from other functons while using it, possibly there might be a reason there for it not working when i press it.

My keyboard is a Logitech G110 gaming model..

Tomorow i might switch keyboards and see if that one works..., then I might if that is the reason or?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Did you try adding the logitech drivers so the button would work?

Best Idea would be to change KB as logitech has a bad rep for writing horrible drivers.

Train... , Agree whole heartedly about thier drivers. Mine work fine now mostly but who kows if this keyboard has any flaws. None wahtsoever before this.

This is not a solution but this is just another reson why I have both OS on separate drives. I have found like two things so far. Not bad at all considering. Windows 7 is far bette overall then XP> No going back.

For petes sake Train, I am not buying yet another keyboard, yet another piece of hardware,esp for one lousy game. Not a good reason in my book considering i never use dos much anyway. I can get into it another way i'm sure, by opening up a prompt, and have in XP before but this OS is setup a bit different. Any ideas along that line and i might try that... Thks.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Curious about this, what game?

Dos like commands that work on the KB, never heard of any.

Well the game I got cheat codes for was 'Crysis 2 ' Found a great site for just about any game. Got the codes i wanted... Even tried the curly in Windows XP last night and didn't work either... Have not contacted Logitech about this yet.. but i'm sure I will. Not really in the mood for sending the keyboard back as it has no other issues at all. Drivers for both my Logitech products work fine. I even got ahold of the proper oones for my second hand older MX700 mouse i bought like a couple of months back.

When you hit that curly button 'in game' normally the dos window opens up, allowing one to alter it,type whatever and hit enter and your set. No dos in Win. 7? is that what you mean?

Note: In the past i used to play alot of Counter Strike in HL2 and used the same dos prompt screen to setup what i wanted in XP and it worked fine also. To get to that i used the curly on my other keyboard. It was a Saitek Elipse model.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 06-01-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    A command type window.
    The one in Vista and Win 7 is slightly different than the one in XP.
    To get to that is.
    And without seeing the applet and maybe browsing the code, I will not make a guess.
    So see if you can find that cheat for Vista and try it. Sorry, but that is the best I CAN DO.

Found the console download Googling... got it. At the top of it it lists it as No.2, which implies there must be one in Windows 7 as you described I still am not sure of how to get to that one.

Clicked on it after downloading and yes.. thats the window alright. I'll try it sometime and see if it works...

Don't mind puzzles at all, considering I'm a curious sort who loves gaming of most kinds..LOL

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    A lot of the Vista stuff works in Win 7 as they are basically the same under the hood.