Thread: "e" mail weirdness?

"e" mail weirdness?

hey all.

so I use hotmail for my e mail. as of late my computers are aparently sending e mails to my contacts, the weird part is, my home computer has been off for several weeks and my laptop is in camp with me, and has no internet conection availiable unless I go to a designated area with wireless availiable to camp tenants, which untill this morning i have never done.

i have scaned my computers for viri, ran malware bytes, all good.( I use AVG)

any thoughts about whats goin on? to add to the weirdness I received an E mail from my brother the last time I was out of camp, he,s been dead for 6 years or so. I only opened it because I thought it was his wife still using the same acc.

as always your thoughts are apreciated.

ward.

It's called spoofing. Someone you know probably got hit with a virus that got your email info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_spoofing

Or... your Hotmail password has been hacked. This is quite common. If your password has not yet been changed, you should do so while you still can.

thanks for the replys, i will change my password just to be safe, but im leaning towards the virus thing.

love and light to all, ward.