Thread: Intel Chip Question ?

Intel Chip Question ?

I'm looking to build a new computer using a Intel processer.

The computer will be for graphics only Adobe system software

Photo Shop - Dreamweaver - Indesign - On location ect.

What would be a good Intel processer to get and not brake the bank at the same time ?

Mother board will be DFI if I can find one to match the Intel chip.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Scott

Any of the newer chips will do what you're wanting...My next machine will probably have an I5 cpu...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Any of the newer chips will do what you're wanting...My next machine will probably have an I5 cpu...
    Yes I'm looking at this one now - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA1156 Quad-Core 45nm Processor BX80605I5750

With DFI LANPARTY DK P55-T3eH9 LGA1156 ATX Motherboard, Intel P55 Express Chipset.

Just confused on the memory to get 1600 is good ? I'm guessing the higer you go the better it is ?
    Last edited by scomeau1; 07-05-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Any reason why you are picking DFI? DDR 1600 is fine you can always go high but I my self dont see why you would need to.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrusher View Post
    Any reason why you are picking DFI? DDR 1600 is fine you can always go high but I my self dont see why you would need to.
    Not realy, I won't be doing any overclocking. Running Windows XP

Scott

I do a lot of photoshop editing and please remember, ram is king. Win XP is limited to only 4 gig of ram regardless of the installed ram. I went to Windows 7 Ultimate and 8 gigs of ram, IMO more inportant than the CPU speed. In fact I am running an AMD Phenom 11 quad and am happy with the speed. I download large RAW files from several cameras and edit in photoshop and really never have to wait very much. Even an Intel duo quad core will give you more than adequate speed for editing. I have another Intel machine that I also run photoshop on in XP Pro and the impressive difference between 7 and XP is the additional ram required for graphics.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Billforce View Post
    I do a lot of photoshop editing and please remember, ram is king. Win XP is limited to only 4 gig of ram regardless of the installed ram. I went to Windows 7 Ultimate and 8 gigs of ram, IMO more inportant than the CPU speed. In fact I am running an AMD Phenom 11 quad and am happy with the speed. I download large RAW files from several cameras and edit in photoshop and really never have to wait very much. Even an Intel duo quad core will give you more than adequate speed for editing. I have another Intel machine that I also run photoshop on in XP Pro and the impressive difference between 7 and XP is the additional ram required for graphics.
    So the big difference is going from XP TO 7 ?

The extra 4MB memory does a lot in the Adobe Software ?

Thanks Scott