Thread: malware/trojans/viruses

malware/trojans/viruses

I have done, norton online scan, spybot, trojan online scan and now eset online scan. eset seems to have found the most problems, what does everyone think of teh eset antivirus programs. Is it all that or all hype.

Thanks

Why are you only doing online scans? There are free AV clients like Avira or Avast.

If you mean NOD32, then it's pretty good.

IMO, Spybot is worthless. Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware are much better.

One, because whatever virus or trojan got me, which I thought was banker fox.a wouldn't let me get on the internet and it got past Avira which I had installed on this computer. I finally got on in safe mode, So I did several online scans to try and get rid of the **** thing. Didn't find it, but found clampi. not sure that caused it.

There is no AV that is a 100% perfect in detecting all malware. Eset's NOD32 or Smart Security 4 suite are very good. Avira Antivir free is very good basic AV. AntiVir Premium offers better protection. Avira scored better than Eset last year in AV-Comparitives 2010.
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/compa...ummary-reports

It is very likely you don't have enough defenses up to protect yourself. Trojan.Clampi is a drive-by infection. Drive-by protection is not available in AntiVir free. Drive-by infections take advantage of vulnerabilities in outdated programs and Windows Updates and lack of a proper firewall and application layer control.

Visit here to get a free full checkup from a pro.