Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mode Not Supported problem

Try updating your motherboard drivers. Check the psu under load with a DVM. All the power rails should be within 5%.

Mode not supported

I'm sorry but I'm having real problems here. The motherboard is an MSI one I ran aida32 and found out its serial is Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-062807-ATHLON64$1ADNCB28. I have tried real hard with the MSI site but can find nothing remotely like that or even Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-062807. I have tried MSI Live up date but cannot get it to work I keep getting an error message. So I do not know how I can reload the drivers.

As far as checking the voltages with a DVM while the system is under load. I have a DVM (cheap one) and I know how to measure a voltage with it e.g. 240 live vs neutral but how do I check the psu under load?

MSI mobo's have the model silk screened on the board, usually next to the graphics slot. Should be something like MS-7388 ver. 3.0

How to test your psu with a multimeter

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    That looks like a special motherboard made for a computer maker.
    What is the make and model of your computer.

My MSI motherboards are marked between the pci slots.
    Last edited by Train; 01-12-2011 at 08:14 PM.

mode not supported

Hi thansk for your replys

I found the motherboard number it is MS7327 v 1.1. can I find the drivers on the net. The MSI download link is rubbish. When I search google for the drivers all I ever seem to get are links to utilities costing 29.95 that promise to scan my pc and update the drivers for me which I really do not want. Where can I down load the drivers any tips?

The link to test your PSU gives an internet aborted error message when I have tried to open it on 3 different PCs.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Well that is a K9AGM2 motherboard.

Check these drivers out.
    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9AGM2...l#/?div=Driver

There are other items listed you might be interested in.

Hi thanks for the reply. When I go to the link and try and down load the driver if I mouse over the driver down load link Vista 32 I see the hand but when I click nothing happens no download box . I still cannot open the how to test your psu link either. God Im starting to wonder if I was bad in another life nothing seems to work for me lol

In fact none of the links for driver down loads work you can mouse over them but no download

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Try using Firefox, or another browser.

Mode not supported

OK PSU checks out and is rock solid on exected values, drivers updated but still same issue
    1. Can boot in safe mode
    2. If I remove drivers for Nvdia in safe mode and reboot I can boot in normal mode and use default vga drivers.
    I3. If I install NVidia drivers again and reboot we end up back at 1 again with a blank screen.

So the question is

Is it the video card? But it will work in safe mode

Is it something on the motherboard?

Is it something else?

The falt suddenly appeared one minute everything was fine the next got the monitor message no video input. then found out I could boot in safe mode as described above.

All suggestions gratefully receied Thanks

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Back up a few versions on the Nvidia drivers. May need to back quite a few as sometimes when the update them, all kinds of things go haywire.
    Once you find it, burn it to a cd for future use. A just in case idea that I have had to do when the newer drivers messed things up.

MS7327 v 1.1 , K9AGM2

So, your motherboard has onboard ATI video ?