Thread: Internet connection drops between uses

Internet connection drops between uses

The problem is that I can work on the internet for any period of time, say 10 minutes, with one or more tabs in a IE * window; then, when I select another tab, or website, or action within an open website, and a warning tells me that I am not connected to the internet and would I like to retry.

I have a desktop and a couple of laptops that are networked using Linksys modem and router.

I think that all drivers and firmware are current. I'm almost anal about updates, but there might be something that I am not aware needs updating, so don't assume I thought of everything.

This happens often enough to have become routine and annoying.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I truly appreciate it.

Thanks.

JS

I have a desktop and a couple of laptops that are networked using Linksys modem and router.
    Model # of router and modem? Does this happen on both wired and wireless connections? Did you try just using the modem with one PC? Do you have the router/modem on a UPS?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    To turn power management features on or off

1. Open Network and Sharing Center (click the Start button, type Network and Sharing in the Start Search box, and press Enter).
    2. Click the Change adapter settings link in the upper left of the navigation pane.
    3. Right click the network connection you want to enable/disable power management support on and click Properties.
    4. Click Configure.
    5. On the Power Management tab, check or clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

• When checked, power management is enabled on the network adapter.
      • When cleared, power management is disabled on the network adapter.

I think Train hit it right on the money with his post.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV