Thread: Black Friday is highly overrated

Black Friday is highly overrated

Interesting article.

Black Friday is highly overrated

"Myths about the day after Thanksgiving have been exposed. And, no, it's not the biggest shopping day of the year."

"BF is the best day to buy a new TV. It may be the best day to buy a TV made by some company you've never heard of, but the top brands likely won't be at their lowest price that day, dealnews says."

So true.

I have noticed a lot of that over the years.

As far as jacking up the prices that's an old retailers trick, a lot more of that goes on than you would think and not just on BF.

The food stores do that a lot if you really watch the prices, they will jack the prices up a week or 2 before the sale especially on buy one get one free items.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

Unfortunately, nobody will consider this at 5 in the morning as they skip their morning coffee to do battle at their local supermart.

Instead, I go to the thrift store on Saturday's when they put out returned/damaged shipped items that Wal-Mart gives them; they slash the prices to half (or less) of whatever Wally's world charged. They had a whole group of good 500GB external hard drives...for $10. (NO, not just the cases).

^ Seems like a better deal than getting stomped on, on BF.
    Last edited by rockinup1231; 11-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

There are some good deals to be gotten if you shop smart. I got an $80.00 wet/dry vac for $20.00 at Home Depot couple years ago...

Just be leary of the "Marked down from Six Milllion dollars to Fifty dollars" items. Odds are that every other store sells the item for $45.00 ...

It wouldn't matter if it were true or not. There is no way I would go near any retail establishment, or any other place where people tend to congregate in huge numbers for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    It wouldn't matter if it were true or not. There is no way I would go near any retail establishment, or any other place where people tend to congregate in huge numbers for that matter.
    I am with you Joe.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV