Thread: Windows 7

Windows 7

Okay, so I'm not sure if this is the right room, but here goes.

I'm wondering if a Toshiba AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile Processor with 4gb memory and 500gb hard drive is a good price at 540.99.

Is Win7 good? I know I don't want Vista! I bought my current laptop from Ebay and it is a Dell Lattitude D820 that I've pretty much disliked for the 1 1/2 years I've had it. I also have a Compaq that is several years old that I loved...both laptops now have a screen failure.

Bought my current laptop from Ebay because it was the only way to get WindowsXP...and I don't like Vista...

A local repair shop told me to look on Ebay for a replacement screen, which I did. From what I can tell they don't have one the is the same size a the one I have. I have a 15 inch screen that is 14 1/4 inch wide and 10 1/4 inch tall. If measure the screen only then it would be 15 inch and 13x8.25...as best I can tell.

And to top it off, I paid about 600 for this thing on Ebay and had to replace the battery twice.

I'm very frustrated and need help! Really need to get this issue resolved. Right now I have my laptop plugged into my t.v. for a screen...a solution that is still frustrating. I'm lost without my laptop...

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I paid a $100 more for my 16 inch Toshiba and Yes Win 7 is what Vista should have been.

I use this to extend my laptop battery life.
    http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter...attery_max.htm

How did you pay 100.00

for your Toshiba, and what are the specs?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    $648 is what I paid for it.

It is a Toshiba A505D-S6958 which has been discontinued.
    Hit the Specs.tab.
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663