Thread: MSN & hotmail sign in. Asks for sign in every time

MSN & hotmail sign in. Asks for sign in every time

I cannot remember just when this all started happening, but it seems that evry time i click on the internet and hotmail, the page comes up with having to sign in each time. This occurs, even though i check the boxes to 'remember each time.

I have had to reboot my computer more so then usual ( nothing wrong here on that... its just because of a game i play and it resets ). That would make sense, but just now i clicked to remember, and once again the internet pops up with that 'sign in' page, and not the homepage.

Of note is that i was using 'Firefox' ,the latest out for a long time, but kept having some minor issues that annoyed me to no end, so i uninstalled it and am using IE.

I have tried to find and check the options of being able to remember my passwords etc.., but there doesn't seem to be an option for that where one can spot it easily. The one in the browser bar up top has nothing there. Odd.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You have a corrupted cookie is what normally causes that. So clean out the cookies, reboot and see what happens then.

Well, i performed the delete history/cookies action and nothing happened. I highlighted all the cookies on that cookie page and tried to delete and nothing would happen.
    My take is as per usual the new and improved (?) IE is not all that. Doesn't surprise me. Not much MS updates and markets is any good. I have even tried some outside source cleaner, and that cookie box is negated or won't work.

Just now i re-installed the latest 'Firefox' and as per normal, it does NOT ask for my sign in for 'hotmail', so i'm just using that for now. I have googled some other to remove cookies, and most first want one to do just what we all do as i did above.

P.S. I have run virus scans and nothing there either. Nothing pertaining to of note.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Run ccleaner and tell it to remove the cookies.
    Be sure to reboot after running it.

I'll do that. I was trying to remember the program that di that and.. there you are. Thks alot for that.

How have ya been ? I'll be 59 this Dec. Getting a bit older myself.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    A 67, I be doing great, enjoying visiting folks while the weather is nice. Coer d' Alene this week.

67? You ole ****. ha ha! hope you have a nice trip. I think its very pretty there if not mistaken.
    My older brother got married again and bought a House in Medford,Oregon I got to visit a couple of weeks ago and its alot hotter there then Portland. Also, very pretty area. I got to finally play a round of golf. First time in over thirty years. Used to have a 3 handicap, but not now. It was great.

Huskies won. I bet your happy about that. I was rooting for them. Ducks too. I guess we"re both happy now. Take care Train.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 10-03-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    The trip was nice. returned by Chinook pass. Lovely this time of the year. The Nehalem valley , is also. Stanley's corner to Jewell meadows.

Ultimate Member
    We are all getting older. I just completed my 58th year Aug 28

In truth, it would get real boring staying the same age forever. I believe only 'Vampires' can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51 View Post
    Well, i performed the delete history/cookies action and nothing happened. I highlighted all the cookies on that cookie page and tried to delete and nothing would happen.
    My take is as per usual the new and improved (?) IE is not all that. Doesn't surprise me. Not much MS updates and markets is any good. I have even tried some outside source cleaner, and that cookie box is negated or won't work.

Just now i re-installed the latest 'Firefox' and as per normal, it does NOT ask for my sign in for 'hotmail', so i'm just using that for now. I have googled some other to remove cookies, and most first want one to do just what we all do as i did above.

P.S. I have run virus scans and nothing there either. Nothing pertaining to of note.
    I am not sure about MSN but there services that abolish the capacity to auto logon for security reasons.

Log to its support and look around there might be soem answer there.

cat6
    MS - MVP, Networking.