Thread: Asian parts buying?

Asian parts buying?

In searching the net for some parts and accessories the only ones I see listed are from suppliers in Asia mostly Hong Kong and Singapore.
    I have never ordered directly from any of them before and am wondering if any of you have experience ordering parts from Asia. Some of the items listed are seemingly too inexpensive to be true like a cable for "buy it now" $1.00 with shipping at $5.00. or scsi adapters for $1.50. Are they legit?
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Hi Billforce,

I have purchased from Hong Kong in the past (using Visa) without any problem. The only difficulty I encountered was the length of time for delivery to Ireland. I purchased LapTop batteries and because they were sent by normal mail and not airmail the transport was free, however it took 10 days. That was the only downside.

Hope this helps!

Michael

When in doubt - pass and find another store

Check out store here:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/

i've purchased a lot of stuff from ebay-Asia countries, and it only takes 2 weeks to arrive to Canada
    Last edited by AllGamer; 08-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Good luch,
    I ordered a cable for my old Compaq laptop, paid my money, got a shipping confirmation but no merchandise yet in over 6 weeks. Looks like I'm out $30. and no recourse except to b!tch.

O.K., gotta eat some crow. About 2 hours after I posted this I got the package in the mail from China, only took 6 weeks and 4 days.

for me ,,so far ok only minor delay in delivery !

I recently got a laptop battery from China via Singapore. It's a sign of the times over here with our economy in tatters that for the first time ever the parcel was stopped by Customs and I had to pay an extra €13 to get the battery. It's the first time I ever got caught for import duties.. I didn't mind the extra cost but it held the parcel up for a further two weeks while I sorted out the payment.

Bummer :-(

Update on my purchase, I recieved and installed the new video screen cable on my old laptop and it works but with problems. I rechecked and cleaned the connectors but still the same and when I plug in my external monitor it's A OK.
    When I turn on the laptop the bottom half of the screen has dozens of vertical bands but only on the bottom 50%, the top half is normal. Must be a chuffed cable I think.