Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where have all the sysopt people gone?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by genesound View Post
    I stop in once in a great while. It seems the filters were successful in filtering just about everything.
    Ain't that the troof

There is no troof, simply choose the blue pill.

We all know what 'apon...... in 1966, right?
    Wrong......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZR2chRvQI0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_or_...all_Faces_song)

Blue Cloud was an Aricaree scout whose brains exploded all over Greasy Grass, he caused it all ya know. T'was all his fault!

What do you call an Arikara scout? Mr. Ree
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

The fact that no serious political or religious discussion was ever allowed to reach its conclusion is probably the reason most sensible adults left for pastures new. And when members with serious questions asked for advice or opinions, their posts were hijacked by e-yobs.

The glory days are long gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very possibly true.

The glory days of 2004 fell ruin to other factors entirely though.

As far as I know the tech area was kept pretty clear of trash. Maybe too much actually.

I run a small biker forum (>5000) and we have no curse filter. There is seldom any cussing and certainly none of the dissent that the filters cause either.

Cute...

(OK just saying Hi... cause I can! It's been a while. Well Hello Strawbs! herosrest!!, r8500!!!, Genesound!!!!, JM!!!!!, cwin!!!!!, Rabbitrunner51, werz and all others..., Hiya *S* )
    Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-b astard cream there is not..

WOW...It's like old home week...

yeah, I think when I last posted I felt kind of embarrassed because none of you's had post and it was almost dead. Come to fine out.... " They Live" after all. Nice to hear from everybody again. I'm not going to cry.. but let me grab a quick kleenex. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Groan, Yawn......Gimme some volts :-0

Hrmmm....Lady Sonia, my psychic medium, told me I should check in here. Looks like nuthin changed, including rabbit's hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually your almost correct. I did get a new video card a few months ago. Love the card. Big upgrade for me. Also, I had to get another motherboard due to my old one going south. Love that also. As for the future, I am and have looked into my upgrades I want. I figure by June or so of this year, I will get a new processor , AMD Phenom 2 960T quad core plus 4GB of new memory, 1333 speed. Can still play any new game out there now at more then good frame rates. LOL
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 03-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Another positive note for me especially about this forum. I used to feel as Strawbs stated to some degree but as of the pst year os so, I have trully appreciated the responses to many issues i was having ,which I would guess 90% helped solve the issue. I also confer either here or privately to one moderator here who is and has become a good friend and confidant or sorts. Saved my bacon more then once.

I did , as a side note have a big issue with one moderator here at previously but both "Steve' and 'Train' are super people in my book.

Ha! Nice seein all youse peoples.

They all got banned.

LET'S REVIVE OT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by excelscior View Post
    I have not come to this forum too often this year. Maybe a handfull of times in 2010. But usually I would come to this sysopt forum at least 20-30 times a year. This year since I have not really been building anything new pc wise. I have kept a "low pro" from sysopt. However since coming back to post and read some post. I notice I dont see any of the "old timers" or regulars I used to see here often. Where did everyone go?
    I still drop by every few days to check if there's any topic i can help on, but things over here are very slow compared to other forums.

It's mainly due the way back when we discouraged "grownup-kids" to take their **** elsewhere, with that almost all those hyped guys left to the other forum that are more into the hardware benching oriented than here.

In a way it's good, at least you know here you'll only find the serious people.

Personally i've been hanging out mostly on XDA as now i'm more addicted to phones stuff than PC, heck you can even run VMware on a phone now!... PCs will soon become obsolete, with all these Dual cores and Quad cores phones coming out, with more and more RAM / storage space

my Phone is more powerful than my Core2Duo laptop.... can you imagine that?
    and the battery life last 6 times as longer than my laptop battery
    the only thing missing on these super phones now in days are just larger size portable / flexible screens
    or perhaps one of those coming out Google glasses

I still do gaming rigs and HTPC, and still recycle still good and working PCs for simple web/email/homework machines for my family
    but less and less people wants to take those in, heck even donation places they don't want old stuff anymore.
    but it's such a waste, all those good old relic machines that still works.

I have a huge collection of hardware in my basement still, it's like a museum, the rest i either donate them or sell them for cheap for whomever needs parts to fix their old machines.
    Last edited by AllGamer; 05-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5