Thread: Spyhunter and Malwarebytes

Spyhunter and Malwarebytes

My boss asked me to look into some problems she is having on her desktop. She has Spyhunter autostarting on it but I want to run Malwarebytes. I'm not familiar with Spyhunter and can't find much information that would recommend using it.

My concern is whether there might be any issues or conflicts if I put Malwarebytes on the system with Spyhunter still installed. I know that multiple AV programs is not a good thing to do. Are malware removal tools similar? Any advice is appreciated.

I would uninstall Spyhunter. It used to be on the list of "rogue antispyware".

Antispy software usually runs ok side by side, since their detection databases are different. However, there is a chance that one may detect the other as a threat.

The free version of Malwarebuyts doesn't install anything.

I use it from time to time with Avira installed.

Thanks. I will poceed with the Malwarebytes run and I will also uninstall Spyhunter.

Ultimate Member
    If you want active protection, you can run the Paid version of Malwarebytes .. or the Paid version of Superantispyware ... both do a good job .. I would also add Spyware Blaster and SpybotSD as they can immunize against bad sites. All of them need to be updated weekly. Paid versions, can do the updates without user intervention.