Thread: DNS "A" record problem

Ultimate Member

DNS "A" record problem

Briefly, the webhosting is with Charter.net The "A" record for the Domain is forwarded to another site and the "A" record seems correct. However, when accessing the Domain a completely different site, a previous Domain, keeps appearing.

Charter cannot seem to correct. I am not smart on this. Any comments??

OK, since nobody else did, I'll bite...

The first question is whether this is a site that was hosted elsewhere and moved to Charter... if so, one possibility is that the nameserver records at your domain registrar haven't been updated to point to Charter's nameservers, so you're pulling your old hosting company's records instead.

Another possibility is at the webserver end of things... if Charter is sharing an IP address among multiple sites, the webserver might be misconfigured. In that case, instead of pulling up your site, it might opt to grab the first site in its list for that IP address instead.

Of course, more details are always better...

it would be easier to help if you tell us the DomainName.com of the Domain Name you are trying to configure.

just do a WHOIS on your DomainName.com address, then see what is the result

pay attention to the DNS1: and DNS2:

that will let you know where is the wrong information coming from.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for your attention. As it turns out, it was a Charter error and the solution was to find the right tech. I finally did and they corrected all forwarding records. When they did that, everything works. Thanks again.