Thread: Software to let me control a computer remotely?

Software to let me control a computer remotely?

Trying to help my dad with computer stuff over the phone is...well it isn't easy. I'm sure this exists, but I don't know what it is: is there some software that would let me control his computer from where I am, 180 miles away, and would show him what I'm doing on his screen? If it matters, he's on Vista, and I have computers with XP and Win7

And it's free. Very cool. Thanks.

Whats wrong with using Microsofts remote access thats already built into Vista and Win7?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperion1 View Post
    Whats wrong with using Microsofts remote access thats already built into Vista and Win7?
    Most friends and family use Windows Home or Home Premium, and if I remember right you can only remote into Pro, Business or Ultimate versions of Windows. Besides it can get complicated for non-techies over the internet if they have routers or proxies.

What I like about TeamViewer is it supports Mac, Linux and has an app for my Iphone. Its a little challenging with the smaller screen on an Iphone, but its doable for most remote tasks. From a desktop is very easy.