Thread: Monitor blur

Monitor blur

Hi All,

I have a flat panel monitor that is showing some bluring on the screen. It is about 4yrs old and I have hooked it up to a new windows 7 home edition HP machine. I shows horizontal streaks off to the right side of open windows and web pages and text. I experienced something like this in the past on my windows xp boxwhen I had this same monitor hooked up to it and did a graphics card driver update and that seemed to fix it for a while until now.

I will do a driver update for my new box also but was just curious if it could be something else any advise would be great. Could the monitor be on it's way out?

Model: FPD2185W TFT LCD Monitor from Gateway.

Attila003

Did you try reseating the cables? Did you try both VGA and DVI?

It's possible that it's just dying too.

I agree the monitor may be dying but do have another suggestion.

I have a Dell LCD. Windows Server detects it as a 75Hz display which causes the display to go fuzzy and shift to one side. I manually have to set the refresh rate to 60Hz and the monitor is OK.
    -- Mathias

Pretty much every LCD monitor works best at 60Hz. WDM (Windows Driver Model) occasionally mis-assigns 75Hz to an LCD monitor. That's a mistake.
    MS MCP, MCSE

thanks for all the input. We recently had a thunder storm and it put my monitor down for good. I think it was on it's last leg's and the storm finished it off. It won't show any screen at all now. My power button is stuck in the on position with the blue light on. So I went and picked up a new monitor. Thanks again.

Attila003

worn out lcd backlight