Thread: Outlook 2007 view issue

Question Outlook 2007 view issue

Hey all, I have an interesting one for you. We've migrated to Office 2007 and I have a user who, in Outlook 2003, would open a shared calendar and do a search for something and it would show only those calendar items that contained the search term and it would show them on a regular calendar view with the days of the week. In Outlook 2007 it's displaying these search results in a list view format. I can't figure out how to get it to view only what was searched for in a regular week or month type of view. If I do the search and then go to View | Current View and select Day/Week/Month then I lose the search and I'm taken to the view that shows everything in the calendar. Any ideas?

bump

When the search results come up - does it show anything like MAY 15th...so she kows exactly what day etc??

Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply. Here's a snapshot of what she sees.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm using Outlook 2003 and get a similar list.....When I double click on one it brings up the appointment.

Your list shows ten items in many different months...Was she getting ten different calendars popups before 2007?

I'm not sure so I'll have to check with her. I know she said that she could do a search like that and have the actual calendar view (where it shows an entire week or month) display only those items that match the search criteria, instead of showing it in list view. I'll get back to you asap.

Here's what we found works:

With your calendar screen already in Monthly View follow this menu path:
    View>Current View>Customize Current View>Filter
    Once the filter is activated it will display and print in monthly view