Thread: Issue with Quickbooks 2010 registration file and MSXML4 not installing

Issue with Quickbooks 2010 registration file and MSXML4 not installing

A client of mine all of a sudden got an error message from Quickbooks 2010 stating that there was an issue with the registration file of Quickbooks.

Here is the exact message:

"Quickbooks has problem in reading this registration file. You need to ask your system administrator to REMOVE this file and re-install Quickbooks."

Well, I did just that. But after I did that, it gave the following message:

"Quickbooks has problem in accessing this registration file. Make sure MSXML4 has been installed on your system correctly."

So, I went it Control Panel and uninstalled all instances of MSXML4. I then reinstalled it from the QB disk, but to no avail. It still gave the error message. I then uninstalled that version and attempted to install the latest version from MS, but for some reason, after it said the file was uncompacting, the window went away and nothing happened after that. I tried it a few times, but it didn't work.

We tried calling Intuit, but their 10 minutes until they are ready has turned into over 45 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Ultimate Member

Thanks. I tried some of those fixes, but they did not fix the issue. Had to call Intuit and they fixed it remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by BBCMember View Post
    Thanks. I tried some of those fixes, but they did not fix the issue. Had to call Intuit and they fixed it remotely.
    Can you please tell us what they did? I have the same problem. Thanks!