Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Installing windows 7

Right! Now for the moment(s) of truth. I am about to upgrade my windows Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Home Prem. Both 32 bit so assuming that will (should( work
    We are having a heat wave over here in the good old UK and what with losing the footie most of us need cheering up and this is my therapy.
    I note your advice not to drop the ball during the upgrade. So. I'll have my sandwiches and some non-alcoholic drink nearby and put the telephone on to voice mail. That should fool my kids and grandkids. Not to forget the great grandkids, 2 of whom are active on the dog & bone (Cockney rhyming slang and I was born within the sound of bow bells).
    Wish me luck as you......
    docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

I installed 7 on to my new replacenent Seagate 500Gb disk (guaranteed replacement fot the **** version which failed miserably)
    After a couple of false starts, probably due to my advancing years it went in "as sweet as a nut" as my old dad used to say.
    Now, biggish problem is I don't get windows mail.
    Anmyone recommend a reliable mail client which works with 7?
    Tomorrow I shall install Office, Adobe elements 8, and all the other rubbish with which my computers become infested! Luverly jubbly.

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Windows Mail was removed from Windows 7 thanks to all of the anti-monopoly nonsense that went on here and in Europe. You can still get it though:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail

Other stuff:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live...tials?os=other

You can always count on Eudora or Thunderbird too:

http://www.eudora.com/

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
    MS MCP, MCSE

Talking

Good day BP Bill.
    "As quick as lthe lighning's flash and as accurate as the thunder's bolt."
    Yes indeed. I'm also having bother with Nero burning but that's in hand. I'll probably need to buy a new CD and stuff. Everything else has gone in like s..t off a fireman's shovel as someone once said. Was it Mark Twain?
    Anyway, I'll be trying to restore the backup I made with Vista later on, wish me luck (I've also got it in another 500Gb HD)

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.

Best of luck, Doc.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Thanks Bill, I now no longer rely on luck, I slip the problem upwards to Sysopt and lo & behold ...... solved.
    What is the name of the adware prog that traps malware? I had it on the Vista drive but of course, that's now disconnected.
    No hurry as I now have Sunbelt back on duty.

Cheers, docusk (me and my shadow)
    Refurbished Computer.

There are many programs that trap malware, Doc. Sunbelt Vipre is dandy. Malwarebytes and Superantispyware are two others. I use both NOD32 and Avira Pro and even though they are classified as AV programs, they get spyware too.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I doff my hat to you Bill. Many thanks. Here's to the next time.

docusk
    Refurbished Computer.