Thread: Drivers needed for Intel T5800 laptop

Drivers needed for Intel T5800 laptop

I have this Toshiba laptop model L355-S7837. It is a Core 2 Duo type. I cannot recall the password I put on it sometime early last year. I have tried countless of attempts. So what I will end up doing is go out and buy a new hard drive for the system. I didnt have much luck in finding the drivers for my laptop. I do have the original hard drive connected to a external drive. I am not too sure how or where I can either find the pass word or at least extract the important drivers so I can install them in the new hard drive. I have had it collect dust for at least a year now. I think it is time I get it to start working. Can anyone help with my problem please? Thank you in advance.

You should be able to get the drivers from Toshiba in a matter of seconds.

The reason that there is an option for password-protecting a laptop hard drive is so that the data cannot be used by anyone who does not have a password. There are people in industry and government who must protect data. If you do not have the password, that drive is locked - unless you are willing to pay big bucks for having it disassembled and recovery performed.

When you set a password on a laptop, you *must* write it down somewhere. You can always use Google Docs or Office Live to store information online.
    MS MCP, MCSE

You would need to purchase the AFF Repair Station, apparently. That costs $49.95 for one use.

http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/licenses/
    MS MCP, MCSE

Can I use the AFF HDD Unlock Wizard for my problem? I was reading both possible solutions to my problem with my laptop. The company seems to sell unlocking codes depending on HD size. Mine is a 250Gig HD so it would cost around $20.00. I'm just asking because this is new to me. Thank you for the info.

According to the page I linked you to, it's $50 per use. You can download it and examine your drive for free, however. Go ahead. Make sure that the drive is installed in the laptop first.
    MS MCP, MCSE