I built a basic Win 7 Ult media center PC and am all set up except for audio. I went through the bios with a fine toothed comb and have all the latest ATI Catalystâ„¢ drivers installed as well.

My motherboard is a ASUS M2A-VM HDMI and I am using the included HDMI adapter called the ASUS HDMI/AV/S/SP (see http://bak2.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200705/24/293/2.jpg for reference). The HDMI video works fine and I have a SPDIF cable properly connected from the mobo to the card port.

My first question: Is this add on card only functional for HDMI Video (using separate cable for SPDIF audio) or am I supposed to actually get BOTH audio-video from the HDMI?

In my sound, it lists an ATI HDMI Output as an ATI High Definition Audio Device which says "not plugged in" which is baffling since I wouldn't get video either if the HDMI cable wasn't in. I COULD get a SPDIF cable as a backup plan, but I'd prefer the better quality and convenience of just the one HDMI cable. Anyone know what I can do to get this working? Thanks!