Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1TB shows only 32mb

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    And where is/was Linux installed?

Can you toggle IDE mode in the BIOS?

Just ran linux directly from a disk.Have tried setting channels to ide mode with no luck also.

It's really difficult to take it any further without being able to test the drive in another machine, but Google searches turn up any number of instances of this 32MB issue where the problem was resolved with an RMA. It seems to be peculiar to 1TB WD drives, which suggests to me that the problem is not with your motherboard.

Seems strange you have 32mb showing, and formatting in FAT32 limit is 32GB (I think) not being rude but are you sure your formatted correctly?

How old is the motherboards in the PC. The BIOS may not recognize the large capacity drives. Google the motherboards, or system specs if a major manufacturer and see if you can determine the max drive capacity supported. If they support 1TB try this http://blog.atola.com/restoring-fact...rive-capacity/
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrusher View Post
    Seems strange you have 32mb showing, and formatting in FAT32 limit is 32GB (I think) not being rude but are you sure your formatted correctly?

How old is the motherboards in the PC. The BIOS may not recognize the large capacity drives. Google the motherboards, or system specs if a major manufacturer and see if you can determine the max drive capacity supported. If they support 1TB try this http://blog.atola.com/restoring-fact...rive-capacity/
    Formatted in NTFS for sure and certain.Even if done in FAT32 its 32mb not GB anyway.

The board is a few years old now,GA M55plus which can see another 600G drive I have installed along with a 1TB usb drive.

Have tried using everything I can get my hands on including the prog you just listed with no joy.

I just cant get my head around the fact that when booting directly from a linux
    disk the drive gets seen in the bios and in linux just fine.Then rebooting into windows (without a complete shutdown first)it also gets seen correctly.

It's just when the PC is shutdown completely and then restarted the drive reverts back to 32mb both in the bios and the os.