Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sysopt problem with Opera

But why does it not happen for JPnyc - and would this code change make things worse for him?

Does Opera have a re-set all button like IE does?

There are no changes to the login script on those forums. Those are standard vBulletin installations, far and away the most popular forum software in use on the web. The fault must lie with opera, since it only occurs in that browser and more so, only since the latest update. If you want to report it to vBulletin, that might be one option.

I just successfully logged into both of those forums on the first attempt using:

Version

Build
    1893 of opera.

I think it's far more likely that there's an old cookie causing this. Try dumping all cookies and offline content.

Quote Originally Posted by t34b4g5 View Post
    happens on a few other Quinn St owned forums also. http://forums.practicallynetworked.com / http://forums.serverwatch.com

i find if i spoof the user-agent string to FF or ie then things seem to work fine.
    Kris, what OS are you on?

Ultimate Member
    I wish I knew the answer. As to cookies, I set all my browers to Clear All Cookies on exit and also to Clear Browsing History on exit. Also not to use Cached pages when going from page to page or site to site.

Well if he is also on XP, then it might be safe to assume it has something to do with the latest version on XP. If not then I would have to speculate it had something to do with an add on or setting.

WinXP. I do the login on the forums index page, it shows the redirect message thanks for logging in, then the other login page appears.

Have to re-enter login stuff.

By the looks of it is not storing session cookie correctly, it is getting it from new session login just not acceptin it as valid.

Go into advanced config and manually add the sysopt url into allowed for cookies offline storage etc.

Also personally ive always disliked opera for numerous reasons maybe tryout a different browser or grab the last stable opera build,

It was more of a case of me installing to help solve the issue.

Sidenote under the latest build od debian i tried also and got issue, i downgraded back to previous build and it was fine, i am also posting this reply via my cell phone usin the previous v of opera mini. YIKES!

I wonder if it's adopted the known IE issue that's been occurring. When that happens, instead of logging in again, just refresh the page, see if you are then logged in. If so, then it's exhibiting the same behavior that IE has on those sites.

Joe, refresh doesnt work, the previous stable ver works, so id say this new ver is the cause.

The latest vbuletin 4.* also has some rendering issues under the 10.50 v of opera also. Not to mention ie8 but for some odd reason ie7 still is the perfect browser.

That's odd, because I've seen the code and they actually do check for opera. They make some special coding provisions for it in the CSS, so they do at least attempt to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    That's odd, because I've seen the code and they actually do check for opera. They make some special coding provisions for it in the CSS, so they do at least attempt to support it.
    there ajax don't play nicely under Opera / ie8

I'm using IE 8 and I don't see much problem. I will admit their Ajax functions are very fragile; easily broken.