Thread: ES.msn ?

Hybrid View

ES.msn ?

Windows XP Pro, I installed IE8 and now when the browser opens it opens in ES.MSN.COM
    I didn't tell it at any time I'm from Spain and I've tried everything to get it to open in just MSN.COM, set MSN.COM as my home page but it briefly starts in MSN then immediately goes to ES.MSN without doing anything.
    The language is US english etc. but the SOB will simply go to ES and I can't change it to MSN.COM I am so p!ssed at MS for anticipating ANYTHING.
    Annoying SOB
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Well, I prefer Google Chrome or Firefox anyway.

The problem may be with your ISP. It may be re-directing you. I would call them and ask.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Hmmm, I wonder if you have "Suggested sites" enabled it would default you to the espanol site when in Spain? Maybe you can get lucky and disable it in Tools.

Change the location option to english.

also if you have your hotmail or live account linked then just change the location option in the settings area.

Delete the browser cache and try again.

it's just reading a "location cookie" so that the site knows what version of msn to display.

Been here before....You can search the registry for: ES.MSN.COM

You'll find it in a few spots called HomePage...Replace it with MSN.com

Or via the contol panel change the language/location settings and it will automagically do the needed Registry changes after a reboot

why break something in the registry when you can point 'n click and have less chance for mistake

Quote Originally Posted by t34b4g5 View Post
    Or via the contol panel change the language/location settings and it will automagically do the needed Registry changes after a reboot

why break something in the registry when you can point 'n click and have less chance for mistake
    No way Jose'. changing or in my case verifying the language was US English but it had no effect, as verifying my Home Page was MSN also.
    I finally solved the issue by doing a start, run, "inetcpl.cpl" and reset the entire IE8 data. Lost all my passwords but no sweat to re-enter.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"