Thread: Question about my new Intel SS4200-E Home Server

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar

Question Question about my new Intel SS4200-E Home Server

Hi guys I recently purchased an Intel SS4200-E Home Server and installed two 1tb Western Digital Caviar Green Hard Drives into it and set it up on my home network just fine.

The issue that I am writing this topic about though is the way that the GUI looks for the server... is there any way that I could make it easier to put files on the server ?? I want to make the server look like an additional hard drive on the network where you can just click on the hard drive and create files inside the hard drive and put files into it without using the FTP looking utility that the software has to "upload" files to the server. I would also like to be able to click on the files and be able to play them while their in the server from any computer connected to the network if its possible, just like if the server was an additional hard drive installed inside of my computers.

Is it possible to do this ? I just want the server to store all my music, videos, and software backups then be able to access the data from any computer at home.

thanks for reading

_Mystical_Night
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    nevermind i found out how to do it I was clicking on the icon in networking that looks like a server icon, which took me to the servers ip adress to manage the server settings and folders. I had to click another icon that looks like a PC in networking that allows me to use it like a computer on the network

newbie mistake lol, you could tell its my first home server
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64