Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Customer Database Software...

Customer Database Software...

I need software that we can put customers info in and have the ability to scan their invoices into as well. So if we pull up a particular customer, we will be able to see all prior invoices/work that we have done for them. Any one know of any software that can do this? Thanks for any ideas.

Do the invoices already have a file format like a spreadsheet that can be exported as a csv file, or are we talking about scanning written or printed invoices to an image format like jpg?

No, they are paper invoices that would have to be scanned as images.

Do you use something that resembels an accounting software package?

Or maybe you could start at the begining of the story?
    What/how do you use to create invoices?

Are you doing enough work where having an accounting package would really really help?

1st ?: Not yet.
    2nd: ?
    3rd: We have printed paper invoices
    4th: Yes, we just got QuickBooks but I don't know if that allows adding scanned images to customers profiles?

We just need software to create our customer DB with the ability to add scanned images to each customer profile. We want to be able to view past invoices when we look at a profile. Thanks!

Food for though->Scan an invoice - name it JohnDoe_xxxx.jpg and place it in a folder for the customer called JohnDoe. The XXX's represent the actual invoice number.

Thats a good tip, thanks but still would like to use it within a customer database program??

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Maybe you can add the image, link it in. whatever the tutorial or manuals says how to do it.

tutorial or manuals of what?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Soltekert View Post
    tutorial or manuals of what?
    For the program you are running.
    Open google and type the program name and add tutorial and hit enter.
    Should find it.

If your printing out invoices what are you using to create them? or are these hand wrote invoices? if you are typing them why not just use an Invoicing Software? this is the one I use, I store all my customers information and invoices etc, http://www.office-kit.com/excel_invo...ager/index.htm its a good one I think
    Last edited by CrazyCrusher; 11-03-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Here is a list of applications and plugins from Intuit that will add that functionality to Quickbooks.
    http://marketplace.intuit.com/v2/f-d...solutions.aspx

But it seems to me that all you need is to scan all those documents, which you will have to do anyway and give each of them a name that includes the date of the invoice in a format like 20091103, the purchaser's name, and the invoice number, like this:
    20091103-acmewidgets-inv1030598.jpg

You could put each company in a separate folder if you like, but you could also just throw them all into one folder, and use an indexing program like locate32 to search it by name, number or date. The search results are instantaneous.

Train: That is my question here... I need software that can do this? I don't know what software to use? Thanks.

CrazyCrusher: Thanks, I will look into that.

Ol'Tunzafun: Thanks, from your link, it looks like "PaperSavePlus - Paperless QuickBooks Scanning & Document Management System" might be exactly what we need?

Thanks for the replies.

it looks like "PaperSavePlus - Paperless QuickBooks Scanning & Document Management System" might be exactly what we need?
    I would agree; that looks to be the professional solution.

Just an update... QB's Premier 2010 has the ability to attach files to customers and vendors built-in. It works nice too, well sort-of. When you are in a customer record, there is an "Attach" button. When you click it, you are given the option to browse for a file or scan one in. Scanning, the only option is as a PDF file which is fine. The problem is, after it is scanned in, you click on the file to open it and it errors out saying no program is associated with this file. I have Adobe Reader 9.02 and I can open the file out of QB's. Their tech support is stumped and are now saying it is a Windows error. Typical pass-the-buck mentality.

Using PaperSafePlus does work just a little more to it and it is another $200. :-( That appears to be our only option at this point though. This is on a Windows 7 computer and I have removed and re-installed Adobe. I have also tried using FoxIt Reader and it gives an "Access Denied" error message??? :-(