Thread: dual booting with no internet.

Unhappy dual booting with no internet.

Hi people, i am having trouble getting an internet connection on windows xp professional after i dual booted my computer. i first started off using windows vista home premium to partition my harddrive, and when i instaled windows xp on that partition i found out that i couldnt get an internet connection, but i can still get a connection on the vista partition.

please can someone help me

thanks

Is the network device recognized in device manager?

well i right clicked on my computer and went to manage, then i went to device manager, then clicked on network adapters and they had yellow marks like this[ !] on them?

That would indicate you need to install the drivers.

Hi people i made a mistake, i accidentaly said that i clicked on device manager then went to network adapters and said that they all had yellow marks like this[ ! ]. well it turns out that it said in the network adapters tab [ 1394 net adapter ], i was looking at a different tab where it said other devices [ and they all had the yellow marks like this [!] next to them. sorry for that people.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    1394 net adapter = firewire

And you still need the drivers for anything with the yellow splat with the ! mark.

Is firewire a good thing?

and how do i update the drivers that have the splat mark like this [!] on them if i have no internet connection?

hmmm..Are you on the internet NOW asking the question aren't you

So I'm guessing Vista still works doesn't it?

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Hit the website of the maker of the computer's website and under support you should find those needed drivers.

Now should that be a custom/home built rig, then hit the motherboard makers website.
    Nothing wrong with burning the drivers to a cd / place on a thumb drive and transfering to your rig.

ok thanks ill try it out.

I now have my windows xp internet working! yeah it was the drivers that needed updating and i went to the drivers website to get the latest updates and instaled them using the program called driver robot. that program allowed me to take a snapshot of my driver problems and then put that file of the snapshot on a memmory stick , then i went to my vista partition and used that program again to download the drivers i needed because the vista partition has the internet working.

A big thanks to you guys. cheers!