Thread: Cannot log on to Server

Cannot log on to Server

I am running a program called OLFolders, which lets me use the Outlook data on the Server, but from my client. It is similar to Exchange Server but without the complexity.

It was running fine but stopped working the other day. Strange thing is I can view the Outlook data on my Client from the Server, but not the Server data from the Client. So its a one way problem.

If I go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Properties > Data Files > Add... > OLFolders, I get a popup box called Remote profiles. The fields are Computer, User name, Password.

If I click the drop down, it takes a while and shows a list of the Computers on the network. Then you are supposed to click the User name drop down and it populates with a list of user names from the Server OLFolders program.

However, when I go to the User name, I get "Cannot connect to server". This happens even with both firewalls (Kaspersky) switched off on each machine.

If instead of servername in the Computer dropdown, I put npc:servername:22177, when I go to the User name dropdown, I can see the list of user names. But when I try to connect, everything hangs.

I can connect from Server to PC and PC to Server for navigating folders and files, but cannot do the above described connection anymore.

What is going on? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

cat6
    MS - MVP, Networking.

Fixed using the free tool here: http://www.watchingthenet.com/repair...x-utility.html

It was corrupted tcp settings.