Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What will happen in 2012

Banned

What will happen in 2012

Hello.
    I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
    Advise me some articles please.

Thank you

Thanks for joining our web site for such an important issue...But surely you know that:

Google is your friend!

It's all over, we are doomed, wonder will doom 4 be out before the world ends? best get digging that bunker with Wifi of course
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Quote Originally Posted by bblankfein View Post
    Hello.
    I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
    Advise me some articles please.

Thank you
    I saw on discovery or history channel or something like that where there was an ancient chinese culture whose calendar ended at the same time. Also they said modern scientists believe that the earth, sun & the great black hole at the center of the universe, or something like that, will all be in alignment which could cause a shift in the magnetic poles about the same date. Either way we're doomed.
    I also saw on tv about how nostradomus predicted 3 so called anti christs, & they theorized that Napoleon was the first, Hitler the second, & then said the 3rd would be the worst yet & come out of the east. Watch for that.
    I believe we've been doomed before in some sense, & that they actually built a star ship millions of years ago & that is how we came to be here. I think they called it Noah's ark. Adam & Steve etc.
    Yea, though they walk in the valley of light with no shadows, everyone else is evil.
    Their bigotry & predjudice comfort them.
    for theirs is the power of self righteousness forever. allmen

I heard that you can get hit by a bus and die and non of the above matters

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Havin yer pole shift hurts less!
    Yea, though they walk in the valley of light with no shadows, everyone else is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Exactly.

Besides, the more time people spend worrying about it the less enjoyable time they have to enjoy life goes down.

I don't worry about it, especially considering for me it just means my life will have no purpose once I get out of college. Who wants to think that when the fireball comes rollin their way?
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

So far all the predictions of the end of the human race haven't come to pass, this is the most widespread yet, but only because we have the internet to spread the word.
    There's also the novelty theory that is unrelated to the mayan calender, and is a computer simulation of a great upheaval and falls at the same date as the mayan calendar.

Actually, the Mayan calendar doesn't necessarily predict the end of the world in 2012. More accurately, it predicts a change in the world as we know it: a large shift in the path the human race is taking; a new era of understanding or enlightenment; a new era of war; etc.

Since the Mayans aren't here to explain to us exactly what the prediction means, it's all just a guess. So feel free to attach yourself to whichever theory you like, but be prepared to be disappointed in it come 13 Dec 2010.
    Last edited by oneant; 09-28-2009 at 06:54 PM.

2012 just means no more car payment for me

On that date, time travel was perfected. Guess where the first scientists went............
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

What makes you believe that the Mayan calendar corresponds to our modern calendar anyway? There are many calendars throughout history and civilizations.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

I found this on the internet so it has to be true? LOL

Well The Mayan calendar has proven to be one of the most accurate time keeping systems known to human kind. It has tracked without fail every solar eclipse every lunar eclipse and even takes into account changes in the rotation of the earth and the speed of the rotation of the earth to accomodate for this.

The Maya also predicted that in the year 1996 an inter-dimensional network would be created and that would enable everyone to see and communicate with each other thousands of miles away. Cound this be Internet web cams?

Scholars have known for decades that the 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan calendar system of timekeeping was set to end precisely on December 21, 2012, the winter solstice. That this system was put in place some 2300 years ago is an astonish fact. How was it that ancient Mesoamerican skywatchers were able to pinpoint a winter solstice that far off into the future?
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

It's just a spam set up. His account and the one that just attempted to answer are both banned, along with their ISPs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    It's just a spam set up. His account and the one that just attempted to answer are both banned, along with their ISPs.
    I suggest we continue to make fun of them anyway.